- The Thule Legend series of GoPro bags, developed in collaboration with Thule Crew member Matthias Giraud, was launched and immediately attracted a great deal of attention.
- The tow-bar mounted bike carrier, Thule VeloCompact started to be sold in stores and quickly became one of our best sellers.
- We were named Vendor of the Year in Action Sports for the third time in four years by REI, the largest retail chain in the world within the Outdoor category.
- Thule won the prestigious iF Product Design Gold Award for its child bike seat the Thule RideAlong Mini.
- A new 10,000 square meter distribution center for Eastern Europe was opened adjacent to our largest assembly plant in Huta, Poland.
- The Thule Guidepost and Thule Capstone, our first entries in the area of hiking backpacks, went on sale in stores.
- The Thule Sapling child carrier backpack and Thule RideAlong Mini, front-mounted child bike seat, went on sale in stores, broadening the range of products in the Active with Kids category.
- Our warehouse for Bags for Electronic Devices was moved into a third-party distribution center in Venlo, the Netherlands, to manage retailers’ increased service expectations more effectively.
- Three more of Thule Group’s nine production facilities transitioned to 100 percent renewable electricity
- At the summer’s major sports and outdoor trade fairs for the 2016 season, we exhibited a wide range of products in Sport&Cargo Carriers, such as the Thule ProRide 598, an innovative follow-up to the world’s best selling roof-mounted bike carrier, and Thule VeloSpace, a tow-bar mounted bike carrier for heavy e-bikes.
- At these trade fairs, we also exhibit a broad range of backpacks for the 2016 season including the Thule Versant and Thule Stir lightweight backpacks.
- A 600 square meter expansion of our world-leading Thule Test Center opened in Hillerstorp, Sweden.
- The company’s Snow Chain Division was divested.
- Thule Flow, a roof box specially designed for winter sports, and Thule Upslope snowsport backpacks went on sale in stores.
- Sales started for the trendy Case Logic LoDo range of laptop cases.
- In cooperation with paddling legend and Thule Crew member Pedro Oliva and numerous researchers, we presented “The Waterfalls Project,” an initiative to promote environmental and social aspects in Brazil.
- The restructuring of our European distribution set-up was completed as Sport&Cargo Carriers inventories were moved to the new western European third-party distribution center in Venlo, the Netherlands.